- Posted by p5labbs
- On September 1, 2015
- 0 Comments
As we have been acting on the international tech startup acceleration scene for 5 years now and we are one of the only Accelerators in Europ to have already exited on NASDAQ, we have been very pleased to see Pentalabbs appear in the 2015 “HOTTOPICS ACCELERATOR 100” ranking, among international accelerators such as YCombinator and another French-one like NUMA. HOTTOPICS ranks the 100 most influential leaders of tech accelerators globally. Here is how Pentalabbs positions itself according to their 4 selection criteria used for this ranking:
1/ Graduate valuation
The Pentalabbs Acceleration Program has supported in Europ and USA 15 startups until now:
– fund raising from couple of hundred K$ to series A rounds
– technology and digital marketing support in a range of a couple of million dollars
– mentoring and coaching for strategic choices in the company board
The currently existing portfolio of 13 startups in which the program invested is worth several dozen million euros.
A third of them achieved the necessary maturity level on their market to raise more money (Series A or B) or to join a large cap.
Eventually, the portfolio valuation will increase, with 7 new investment operations expected in 2015: 2 of them are already almost finalized, 3 are being assessed, only 2 remain to be identified. These investments will be distributed in Europe (France, and probably Germany), in Asia (Hanoi or Singapore) and in the USA.
2/ Learning environment
The Learning Environment is based on 2 factors: seniority of board members and mentors and the technological and international ecosystem.
Pentalabbs board members and mentors include:
– Frédéric who has 22 years of experience in entrepreneurship with nearly 20 companies. His international experience (Europe, Asia, America), global strategic view and broad contact network are great assets for startups. He spent a quarter of his time in Boston.
– Bruno who has spent 20 years working as the principal private secretary at the French Ministry of Industry and a manager in other public organizations including large chambers of commerce. His network is also very rich and his knowledge of French SMBs is very useful to set targets and define organization for startups.
– Philippe who has 20 years experience in entrepreneurship and as a sales executive with a strong track-record in the Information Technology community. He has an international view, and as a Business Angel for several years, he can quickly identify and address any startup project.
– Eric who has 15 years experience accross Europe in creating and managing companies as well as big projects for Fortune500 companies. His experience in digital strategy, technology and HR is very useful in any case.
– Alexandre who has 10 years experience in Information Technology as a CTO and entrepreneur. His pragmatism, customer-focus mindset and organizational skills are shared with every start-up.
Also, Pentalabbs is in an ecosystem which grants access to a world-wide pool of CEOs and CTOs through its partnership with Pentalog, which enjoys a portfolio of hundreds of customers and thousands of prospects everywhere in the world, in fin tech, telecom, smart grids, social networks, retail, smart devices, etc. These business relationships allow to build a first pool of potential customers or partners to quickly improve the customer experience.
The Pentalog ecosystem also give startups the opportunity to access a pool of 800 experts in technology (back-end, front-end development, mobile apps, smart devices, embedded systems, devops, etc.) and digital marketing (SEO, content management, social networking, SEA, etc.) that empower the training of expert, multi-skilled teams able to create the MVP, the V 2.0, and to promote it.
Finally, the pool of start-ups including companies involved in e-commerce, as well as prototyping and various types of services provides the opportunity to exchange and discuss ideas on a broad variety of subjects.
2015 is the year of Pentalabbs’ 2 first exits.
The 2 companies are now backed by 2 great industrial partners in their business: the first-one, Cimpress, is a NASDAQ-listed worldwide leader in webtoprint, the second-one is a NYSE Paris-listed European leader in IT.
Those success stories show that Pentalabbs’ specific acceleration program based on expertise services for equity, international mentorship and strategic industrial shareholding can generate great results. This track-records is very likely to be further enhanced in the coming years as some of our startups are becoming mature.
4/ Startup satisfaction
Startups of our ecosystem are aware of the technological progress they have achieved thanks to our acceleration program associated with nearshore / offshore capacities that provide a true opportunity to organize and accelerate their technological development.
Below is the testimonial of Alex Gourley, CTO of BitGym, a San Francisco based startup:
Also, have a look at Sharalike, presented by Etienne Leroy, co-founder, CPO and CMO of this Boston-based startup:
Finally, have a look at Otosense, presented by Sébastien Christian, founder of this Boston-based startup: